Thursday, May 20, 2010

Friends and family

I just got home from my knitting group. I always feel happy, rejuvenated, and calm when I get home. This feeling only lasts until I get into the driveway, but hey, it's worth it! I started going to the Main St. knitters a few years ago. I have to say these women have become like sisters to me. So my lovely knitting friends, this post is for you. I have to say up front, that I honestly don't know what I would do without them. They are all a little different in their knitting and their ways,  But one thing we all share? An undying love for the art of yarn. I look forward to my Thursday mornings with them each week. It's the only time I am "childless" all week. We have all developed such a close relationship with each other since we started meeting a few years ago. They have in a way become my second family. A few weeks ago, a dear friend of mine brought me pizza for my family because she knew I wasn't feeling well. Two others gave me a bunch of yarn for a blanket I am working on. Needless to say they are always there for me, and I always for them. They are mothers, nurses, brave cancer survivors, grandmothers, teachers, friends, and everything in between. I have had a few rough patches this year. My father passed away, we moved, and I'm dealing with a disease that disrupts my life all the time. They are always there for me, ready to lend a hand, some scissors, or a stitch marker. And for that I thank all of you from the bottom of my stash :)
 I won't be posting for a few days, my mom and I are going on a knitting/reading/sleep when ever we feel like it retreat to VT. I bet I'll have some great stories for you when I get back!

2 comments:

  1. Ahh, the background is beautiful to these old eyes now! Thanks for changing it, Emily! Nice tribute. I agree with everything you said. Have a great weekend in VT!

    ReplyDelete